Tuscan-Style Grilled Chicken Sandwich
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto sauce
- 2 squares focaccia bread (4x4-inch) or 2 ciabatta (4x4-inch)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- olive oil
- 4 thin slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 canned artichoke hearts, drained, thinly sliced
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mixed baby greens
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Combine mayonnaise and pesto in small bowl; whisk to blend.
- Cut bread horizontally in half.
- Brush chicken lightly with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board; cool slightly.
- Cut chicken on sharp diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Spread pesto mayonnaise onto cut surfaces of bread.
- Layer chicken, mozzarella, artichokes, tomato, and greens onto bottom halves.
- Top with bread tops.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!