My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 375°; grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- 2Divide the Parmesan cheese between the prepared muffin cups.
- 3Tap and shake pan so the cheese evenly coats sides and bottom of each cup.
- 4In a big bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper; stir in the Cheddar cheese.
- 5In another bowl, whisk together egg, butter, and mustard until well blended.
- 6Whisk in milk and sour cream until blended.
- 7Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- 8Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a pick comes out clean.
- 10Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Cheese Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.9
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 464.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g