Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375°; grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Divide the Parmesan cheese between the prepared muffin cups.
- Tap and shake pan so the cheese evenly coats sides and bottom of each cup.
- In a big bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper; stir in the Cheddar cheese.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, butter, and mustard until well blended.
- Whisk in milk and sour cream until blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.