This came from a friend in my Sunday school class several years ago. I've never tried it, but just now found it in my stack of saved recipes. I'm putting it here so that I don't lose it. I've found other similar recipes on here, but none that are exactly the same.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant lemon pudding (you can also use vanilla)
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail in heavy syrup (do not drain)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup coconut
- 1Set ½ cup brown sugar aside to sprinkle on cake before you bake. (I have used both dark and light, either is yummy.).
- 2Mix all ingredients except brown sugar and pour into a 9 x 13 greased and floured cake pan.
- 3Sprinkle brown sugar on top of cake batter.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 5Cool 15 minutes and pour glaze over top of warm cake.
- 7NOTES: My friend preferred brown sugar when making the glaze, and she said she used about 1/2 of a 12-oz. can of evaporated milk when making the glaze.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ugly Duckling Cake
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.4
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 488.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g