Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This came from a friend in my Sunday school class several years ago. I've never tried it, but just now found it in my stack of saved recipes. I'm putting it here so that I don't lose it. I've found other similar recipes on here, but none that are exactly the same.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant lemon pudding (you can also use vanilla)
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail in heavy syrup (do not drain)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped pecans
- Set ½ cup brown sugar aside to sprinkle on cake before you bake. (I have used both dark and light, either is yummy.).
- Mix all ingredients except brown sugar and pour into a 9 x 13 greased and floured cake pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes and pour glaze over top of warm cake.
- NOTES: My friend preferred brown sugar when making the glaze, and she said she used about 1/2 of a 12-oz. can of evaporated milk when making the glaze.