Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Posted for my sister, who loves stir-fry.
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- fresh ginger, peeled and minced (3 inch piece)
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 long hot red chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cooked udon noodles
- 1 cup water
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup bean sprouts (or 2 handfuls)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- Roast peanuts in a dry wok, tossing frequently, until beginning to color and smell toasted.
- Let cool slightly; then put into a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Transfer peanuts to a bowl; stir in garlic, ginger, coconut milk, soy sauce, and chili sauce; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok; add in chilies; stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add in noodles, peanut sauce, lime juice, and sesame oil; stir gently to loosen the noodles and heat through for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in bean sprouts and cilantro; divide among 4 warm serving bowls and serve.