Recipe by cookiedog
This was part of his pork sandwich recipe # although it would be a good topper for any sandwich or burger. It was featured on Oprah's first Sandwich Showdown.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Addictive and delicious! I have a pork loin roast that I will be cooking this weekend and this onion jam will be absolutely wonderful with it. The jam is tart and sweet at the same time and the caramelized onions are delicious along with the dried cranberries. I wish the recipe made more -- next time I will double it. Thanks for the post! Made for the Think Pink Tag, October, 2011.
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and add a 2-count of olive oil. Add onions and caramelize—about 4 to 5 minutes. Add cranberries, then thyme and balsamic and juice. Simmer for 10 minutes until the mixture is creamy and the onions and cranberries have just started to fall apart. Season with salt and pepper.