Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
It is worth your time to make this cool and refreshing drink. You'll get 4 pitchers out of one batch of syrup.
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups sugar
- 3 lemons, strips of zest from
- 1 cup lemon juice (4 lemons)
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups ice water
- For the syrup, bring the water and the sugar to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the lemon zest.
- Allow mixture to cool to lukewarm; pour into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
- For the lemonade, combine the lemon juice, salt, syrup, and ice water in tall pitcher.
- Stir well and pour into tall, ice filled glasses.
I used Splenda easily. This recipe is SUPER easy. The only work involved in it was squeezing the lemons (I'm a purist - I use only fresh juices whenever possible) and zesting them. This is TASTY. The taste rival (if not surpasses) the taste of Minute Maid and Country Time (even with Splenda). My parents also loved it. It tastes good straight up or as a lemon spritzer (mixed with equal parts club soda) and it doesn't lose it's flavor or bite. This is my PERMANENT lemonade recipe. I will forever swear by this. Thank you Drago!! ;)