Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
I saw this on the Border's Bookstore website and didn't want to lose it before I can try it this summer. It sounds delicious AND has next to no sugar (I'm sure Splenda could be substituted) and fat. YUM!
- 1 1⁄2 pints fresh raspberries (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 20 ounces frozen unsweetened raspberries, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 16 ounces lime-flavored sparkling water
- 6 fresh mint leaves, cut into thin strips
- 5 kiwi fruits, peeled
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup honeydew melon, finely diced
- 1 cup cantaloupe, finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Process the raspberries and sugar in a food processor until they are smooth.
- Strain the raspberry purée through a colander to trap the seeds; transfer puree to a big bowl.
- Add the sparkling water and mint and stir.
- Process the kiwis and the lime juice in the food processor until smooth.
- Pour equal amounts of the raspberry puree into each of 6 small, chilled soup bowls.
- Pour equal amounts of the kiwi-lime juice puree in the middle of the raspberry purée in each of the 6 bowls.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of the honeydew melon and cantaloupe into each soup bowl.