Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Mom's friend Sylvia. It actually calls for two pounds of beef (thus, two by four), but Sylvia only uses one, and I found it sufficient. I put this in the crockpot on warm on a busy afternoon, and had dinner waiting for me. I served it with a salad and tortillas. This is greater than the sum of its parts; I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. DH told me "this is the best thing to ever come out of that crockpot!"
- 1 lb chopped beef, browned and drained
- 2 cans minestrone soup (Campbell's size)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes, one should be with jalapeno
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Throw everything into a pot and heat gently.
- Gets better the second day.
My step son wanted this soup, but I never heard of it. When I found yours I thought I would give it a try hoping he would like it and boy did he. He even ate it the second day. I was shocked thanks for the great recipe.