Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Great when paired with mini scoops of vanilla and coffee ice cream and maybe a swirl of raspberry sauce...yum!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 36 pecan halves, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400*F.
- Combine all pastry ingredients in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press 1 tablespoons of the mixture into each well of 36 non-stick mini muffin cups, forming 1 3/4-2" shells.
- Bake 7-10 minutes, until very lightly browned. Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350*F.
- Combine the powdered sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spoon the filling into the baked shells and top each with a pecan half; bake for 5 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.