1/8 Photos of Twix Bar Cookies
1 hr 30 mins
For your Twix fix. The prep time is based on the microwave method of cooking the caramel. This is a 'cookie' recipe, not the exact clone of a Twix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 -14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (can sub milk chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease with butter a 9x9" baking pan.
- 3In bowl of electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add flour and salt and beat until the dough just comes together. Press onto the bottom of a greased pan. Bake about 20 minutes or until pale golden in color. Remove from oven and place on rack to cool.
- 4CARAMEL FILLING:.
- 5Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk into a heatproof bowl and place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover and cook, over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 60 to 90 minutes or until the milk has thickened and has turned a caramel color. Remove from heat and beat until smooth. Pour the caramel over the baked shortbread and leave to set.
- 6(Microwave method: Place sweetened condensed milk in a large microwaveable bowl and cook on medium power for about 4 minutes, stirring halfway through baking time. Reduce the power to medium-low and continue to cook for another 8 - 12 minutes, or until the milk has thickened and turned a light caramel color. Remove from microwave and beat until smooth).
- 8Melt chocolate and butter either in the microwave oven or in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the caramel and leave to set. Cut the shortbread in to pieces using a sharp knife.
- 9Store cut bars in refrigerator to keep chocolate firm. Chilled chocolate doesn't cut clean.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twix Bar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.3
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 23.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g