Recipe by KitchenKelly
A relatively lower calorie sticky roll, on hand ingredients make them easy and quick to make
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (12 ounce) can ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- In small bowl, combine margarine, nuts, orange peel and honey; mix well.
- Separate dough into ten biscuits.
- Separate each biscuit into 2 layers.
- Spread top of 10 layers with 1 teaspoon of honey-orange mixture.
- Top each with remaining biscuit layers and press together to form 10 filled biscuits.
- Gently pull and twise each filled biscuit 4-5 times to form 3 1/2 inch twisted roll.
- Place rolls in ungreased 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, orange juice and vanilla.
- Cook over high hear until sugar is melted and syrup begins to boil, stirring constantly, spoon over rolls (mixture will glaze rolls while baking).
- Bake 16 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan 2 minutes, invert onto serving plate, serve warm.