This dish is low in calories and fat, so is a fabulously tasty way to stay healthy. Time does not include marinating. This marinade is also perfect for pork and lamb fillets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1 green chili pepper, deseeded
- 1 ounce cilantro, leaves and stalks
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 3 ounces dried apricots
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 4 long strips
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1Whizz the onion, chili, cilantro and ground coriander, apricots, fish sauce and lime juice in a food processor to make a marinade.
- 2Put the chicken in a bowl and stir in three-quarters of the marinade. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 3Preheat the broiler to medium-high. Thread the chicken onto 8 skewers and put on a non-stick baking sheet. Broil for 10 minutes, turning halfway.
- 4Meanwhile, stir the remaining marinade into the yogurt with the garlic. Serve 2 skewers each with the garlic yogurt and a green salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice-Spiced Coriander Chicken Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 69.0 mg
- Sodium 961.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 30.0 g