Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish is low in calories and fat, so is a fabulously tasty way to stay healthy. Time does not include marinating. This marinade is also perfect for pork and lamb fillets.
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1 green chili pepper, deseeded
- 1 ounce cilantro, leaves and stalks
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 3 ounces dried apricots
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 4 long strips
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- Whizz the onion, chili, cilantro and ground coriander, apricots, fish sauce and lime juice in a food processor to make a marinade.
- Put the chicken in a bowl and stir in three-quarters of the marinade. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the broiler to medium-high. Thread the chicken onto 8 skewers and put on a non-stick baking sheet. Broil for 10 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, stir the remaining marinade into the yogurt with the garlic. Serve 2 skewers each with the garlic yogurt and a green salad.