Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Oh sweet potatoes are the best !!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup drained canned apricots or 1⁄4 cup canned peaches or 1⁄4 cup canned pears
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 12 mini marshmallows (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork several times.
- Place on bakin sheet bake for 1 hr till tender.
- Allow to cool few minutes.
- Cut each potato in half lenghtwise.
- Carefully scoop out most of the flesh form the 4 halves, leaving a 1/4" shell.
- Place the shells on a sheet and set aside.
- scoop the flesh from the remaining 2 halves;discard the skins.
- Place the flesh in a medium bowl.
- Add the apricots or what you choose.
- Mash the mixture.
- add the orange rind, cinnamon nd 1 tbsp brown sugar.
- Season to taste with salt if using.
- stir to mash and combine.
- Spoon the filling into the shells, moulding it ablove the tops of the shells.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tbsp brown sugar, dot with mallows of using.
- bake 2-3 minutes till hot.