1/1 Photo of Twice Baked Potatoes With Seafood Topping
These can be prepared ahead of time and baked when needed. They are delicious served with grilled beef tenderloin steak. A half a potato per person is ample. My husband loves them as leftovers with breakfast the next morning! They're easy to make and very impressive when served.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, kraft
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 1 (120 g) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 (103 g) can baby shrimp, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup light cheddar cheese, finely grated
- extra parmesan cheese, for sprinkling
- 1POTATOES: Wash potatoes thoroughly, poke with a fork (I use a kebab skewer) and microwave until completely cooked and soft to the touch.
- 2While they are still warm, cut them in half lengthwise then carefully scoop out centres leaving a shell of the skin about 1/4 inch thick.
- 3Place the scooped out centres into a separate bowl and mash potato together with sour cream, buttermilk and salt and pepper.
- 4Stuff the potato shells with the mashed potato and place in a sprayed 8 inch square casserole dish. Set aside. Prepare the topping.
- 5TOPPING: In a saucepan on low heat combine and stir with a wire whisk: flour, cream cheese, milk, garlic, salt, nutmeg, pepper and heat gently until cream cheese is no longer lumpy.
- 6Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and green onion.
- 7Remove from heat and fold in crab meat and shrimp gently with a rubber spatula.
- 8Cover and allow to cool to room temperature.
- 9Spoon the topping mixture over the stuffed potatoes and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and extra Parmesan cheese.
- 10At this point you can cover the dish with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight if you want to prepare them ahead.
- 11Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 12Bake 20 to 30 minutes until heated through and topping is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Potatoes With Seafood Topping
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.3 mg
- Sodium 585.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: