1/3 Photos of Twice Baked Potatoes With Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
I love this flavourful variation on the usual twice baked potatoes. It looks bright and colourful too. The pine nuts provide a lovely nuttiness and texture but they can be left out if they are not to your liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- 2Bake the potatoes in the oven for about an hour, until the skins are firm and the centre is soft.
- 3Meanwhile, chop the cherry tomatoes into eighths and set aside. Add the grated mozzarella, chopped basil and pine nuts.
- 4When the potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven. Halve them lengthways and scoop out the majority of the flesh with a spoon. Be very careful not to tear the skin- leave a quarter inch of flesh still in the skin to provide a firm shell.
- 5Lightly mash with a fork the flesh that has been removed from the skins. Mix in the cream cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Add the mozzarella and tomato mixture to the mashed potato and scoop back into the shells.
- 7Place on a foil-covered baking tray and bake for 5-10 minutes, until the filling is hot and beginning to turn golden.
- 8Serve hot!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Potatoes With Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.4
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 356.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 14.9 g