Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easy and good. Feel free to add any ingredients or spice that you like. I like to make extras, freeze wrapped in foil and add the cheeses later when potatoes are thawed and reheated.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Clean and scrub baking potatoes.
- Pierce skin with a fork once or twice.
- Bake at 350°F 1 hour or until tender.
- Let potatoes cool slightly.
- Cut baked potatoes in half and scoop out within 1/4 inch of edge.
- Mash with milk, green onions, s&p, and butter.
- Stuff shells with mashed potato.
- Sprinkle tops with cheeses (and bacon if used).
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream.
SIMPLY MARVELOUS! Company's coming...NUTZ! Decided on an easy meal, grilled rib eye steaks, tossed salad/seasoned oil/vinegar dressing and these marvelous twice baked potatoes with a delicious cabernet sauvignon. Irish Coffee's for dessert. We all had great fun, wonderful company and tasty food...what more could you ask for? The first time I followed the recipe to the letter...received WILD raves. The second time (for company) I sauteed minced elephant garlic in the butter and used sour cream instead of the milk...once again, many WILD raves and hollers for seconds! Thanks for sharing.
Barbara, you did it...these were wonderful! I didn't have romano or parmesean cheese so I used cheddar and jack together and it was great. I used alot of fresh cooked bacon in and on top of the mixture. Thanks for posting this yesterday when I asked for recipes...its a keeper!
This recipe is soooooo good! It makes a really nice presentation (you can pipe the mixture into the potatoes too!). i also added a bit of garlic and soour cream. yummm yumm!! simple- but looks like you spent hours! thanks for sharing the recipe!