Simple Twice Baked Potatoes
A very simple recipe without cheeses or bacon, but still quite tasty, and potentially quite lowfat. Sorry about the lack of amounts but it is a pretty loosey goosey affair. This recipe freezes well if you freeze it before the second baking and then just pop it in the oven straight from the freezer.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- Scrub and grease potatoes with vegetable oil.
- Bake in oven until well done and crisp (about an hour at 400 F).
- While potatoes are still hot, slice them in half lengthwise, and scoop the insides out into a bowl. Reserve the potato shells.
- Add butter or margarine to taste, and the onion soup mix. Mash together well.
- Slowly add milk to the potato mixture until the consistency is that of fluffy mashed potatoes.
- Place mixture back in potato shells. Recipe may be frozen at this point.
- Rebake potatoes at 400 F until crispy and browned on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
DH and I loved these potatoes! The flavor of the onion soup really worked well. I added colby and Monterey Jack Cheese on top after stuffing with the mashed up potatoes. I also used whipping cream in place of regular milk for a richer taste. I used Recipe #24952 in place of store brought soup mix. Worked out great :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!