Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I picked up this recipe in college from an eating place on campus. I really enjoy it, I hope you do too.
- 1 lb textured vegetable protein
- 4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- TVP should be soaked in cold water and held refrigerated over night.
- Strain excess water before incorporating into recipe.
- Sautee celery & onions in olive oil.
- Add catsup and remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
Thanks for the recipe; however, Worcestershire sauce is NOT a vegetarian ingredient as it contains anchovies!! I have seen this ingredient more than once in so-called vegetarian recipes and I think this could be misleading for new vegetarians, or worse, people trying to find recipes to serve to the vegetarians in their lives! BUT, having said/written that, I am looking forward to trying this recipe myself...minus the Worcestershire sauce of course!