Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Another way to use Textured Vegetable Protien.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style crushed tomatoes, un drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups frozen textured vegetable protein, crumbles
- In a large sauce pan coated with cooking spray, cook onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cook 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, chives and seasonings.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
I used reconstituted dried TVP instead of crumbles, and didn't have any mushrooms around (though I would have loved them in there!) A nice easy recipe, we enjoyed it.