Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I put this together one rainy day, based on the flavors of Tuscany
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups chicken, broth'
- 1 (19 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 115 ounces cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook elbows according to package directions: drain.
- heat oil in a large pot, add Onion, garlic and spinach cook about 5 minutes til spinach is wilted and onions are tender.
- stir in all but cheese and cook about 15 minutes sprinkle cheese on before serving.
I was feeling under the weather and was looking for something hot and quick with ingredients I had on hand. This soup fit the bill perfectly. I did skip the pasta and used baby arugula instead of spinach. It was heartwarming and very tasty. Just what I needed. Thank you.
Simple, filling, and delicious! The flavor was lovely. I used shell pasta since i was out of elbow macaroni. Thanks for sharing!