1/4 Photos of Tuscan Delight Soup - Bobby Flay
This recipe is very gourmet and is from Bobby Flay on FoodNetwork. A little work, but well worth it. Mostly vegetables and very hardy, it is even better left over! I use store-bought croutons, either Italian or Garlic/Cheese to top it off and a little Parmesan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 113.39 g pancetta (even Deli ham will do) or 113.39 g ham, of any type, thinly sliced (even Deli ham will do)
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 head cabbage, sliced
- 1 bunch swiss chard, washed and finely sliced
- 1 large potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 946.36 ml water
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 bouquet garni (rosemary sprigs, 4 thyme sprigs, 1 bay leaf, bunch parsley)
- 396.89 g can cannellini beans
- 236.59 ml spinach leaves, washed and coarsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil in a 4 quart pot; add the onion, celery, garlic, carrot and ham and cook until soft.
- 2Add the cabbage, chard, potato, zucchini, water, broth, tomatoes and bouquet garni.
- 3Bring soup to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4Place half of beans (1-1/2 cups) in a food processor and process until smooth.
- 5Add the puree and the whole beans to the simmering soup.
- 6Simmer the soup for about 5 minutes.
- 7Add the spinach and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9You may adjust the consistency by simply adding more water.
- 10Ladle the soup in bowls, garnish with croutons and cheese.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Delight Soup - Bobby Flay
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 183.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: