Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
really simple, and delicious. its my favorite sandwich in the whole world.
Make and share this Tuscan Chicken Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 loaf focaccia bread, cut horizontally to create a top and bottom
- 1 cup loosely packed mixed salad green
- 3 -4 slices vine-ripened tomatoes, 1/4-inch thick
- 3 -4 slices red onions, 1/4-inch thick
- 3 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced thinly on the bias
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- Spread vinaigrette in a thin layer over the bottom slice of focaccia.
- On top of the vinaigrette, layer greens, tomato, onion and chicken.
- Stir together mayonnaise and pesto; spread on the top slice of focaccia.
- Close the sandwich and serve.
Very good sandwich. Loved the taste of the balsamic viniagrette and basil mayonnaise on this. I made this on a French loaf with leftover grilled chicken breasts. I'm not a big fan of onion, so I left that out.
Fantastic! And so easy. This is an excellent sandwich, packed with wonderful freshness with the veggies. The sauces complement them wonderfully. I made my favorite homemade balsamic vinaigrette, Mom's Balsamic Vinaigrette. Lovely -- thanks so much for sharing!
This recipe made it into book#234156! Easily a 5 star recipe! This tastes exactly like my favorite sandwich that I order at Panera Bread. It is full of flavor. I used a larger round of bread, doubled the filling ingredients and it fed 4 people! I used rotisserie chicken meat, to make this recipe super easy to prepare. It's a great "to-go" dinner for those hectic nights or to take on a leisurely picnic! Fantastic recipe...try it!