Recipe by Kit^..^ty Of Canada
I love fresh ground pepper. Serve hot over rice or noodles. Recipe from Hot Italian Dish by Victoria Gotti
- 3 1⁄2 lbs stewing veal, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 lbs tomatoes, diced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the meat in a large saucepan.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Add enough water to cover the meat using at least 4 cups
- Cook over medium heat for 1 hour 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
- When the cooking time is up, add the wine and cook for an additional 1 hour adding additional water as necessary to keep the veal from drying out or burning.