With the holidays fast approaching, I've pulled out some of my tried and true recipes, which this is one of. These are absolutely heavenly, so bake and enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and egg.
- 3Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in 3/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse meal; stir in 3/4 cup pecans.
- 4Set aside 2 cups flour mixture.
- 5Press remaining mixture into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- 6Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
- 7Sprinkle 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips over warm crust; let stand 6 minutes. Spread softened chips over warm crust with back of a spoon or metal spatula.
- 8In a medium saucepan, combine remaining butter, caramels, and milk. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels melt. Pour caramel mixture over chocolate layer.
- 9Stir remaining pecans and chocolate chips into reserved flour mixture; sprinkle over caramel mixture. Bake 20- 22 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 10Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before cutting. Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turtle Streusel Bars
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.0
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.5 mg
- Sodium 264.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 67.2 g
- Protein 9.3 g