Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
With the holidays fast approaching, I've pulled out some of my tried and true recipes, which this is one of. These are absolutely heavenly, so bake and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and egg.
- Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in 3/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse meal; stir in 3/4 cup pecans.
- Set aside 2 cups flour mixture.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips over warm crust; let stand 6 minutes. Spread softened chips over warm crust with back of a spoon or metal spatula.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining butter, caramels, and milk. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels melt. Pour caramel mixture over chocolate layer.
- Stir remaining pecans and chocolate chips into reserved flour mixture; sprinkle over caramel mixture. Bake 20- 22 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before cutting. Cut into squares.
So sweet, and so gooey. Even better the next day. Cut small - they are VERY rich!
I made these for Christmas this year. They were very easy to make and tasted delicious. I followed the recipe exactly and got serveral rave comments about these. Just watch when melting the caramels, the mixture can burn easily. I thought they tasted even better the next day. Thanks for posting - this is definitely a keeper.