Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
I found this recipe on Facebook. It's from Anita's Recipe Blog, and is different than other Turtle Cookie Bars posted on Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Combine the crust ingredients and beat at medium speed until blended. Pat mixture firmly into a 9x13 pan.
- Arrange pecans over the crust.
- Combine 2/3 C butter and 1/2 C brown sugar in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour mixture over pecans. Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with chocolate morsels. Let stand 2-3 minutes or until slightly melted. Gently swirl chocolate with a knife, leaving some morsels whole (do not spread). Let cool on a wire rack at room temperature until chocolate is set. Cut into squares.
Delicious! I baked the crust first for 10 min.
I made these and the crust did not set up. It seems to me that it needs to be baked before the pecans and caramel sauce are added then baked again. The flavors are good, just very hard to eat with how crumbly the crust turned out.
I made these bars. They are delicious. Only thing I did the second time I made was not cook the second layer for 3 minutes. I found the bars were hard. I bring it to a boil over low to medium heat then boil, stirring constantly for no more than a minute. I didn't find I had to cook the base first as other review suggested. Will definitely make this again.