Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a really rich turtle bar recipe. A little of this dessert goes a long way.
- 510.29 g box German chocolate cake mix
- 158.51 ml evaporated milk, divided
- 177.44 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 453.59 g package caramels
- Combine cake mix, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and butter and mix well.
- Pat 2/3 of cake mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 6 minutes.
- Pull bars from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans.
- Melt the caramels with the remaining evaporated milk and pour over baked bars.
- Dollop with remaining cake batter and back for 15 minutes.