Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Rich and yummy -- easy too!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, beat flour, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup softened butter on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Press firmly into an ungreasedd 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Arrange the pecans over the crust.
- Combine 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour over pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or til bubbly.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chocolate chips and let stand 3 minutes.
- Spread chocolate, but allow some chips to remain whole.
- Cool completely; cut into squares.
These are soooo good! The crust is buttery and light. I am not even a fan of turtles, but these are downright addictive.
These should be illegal. I am STUNNED they have just one review. I had a wonderful turtle bar at a local coffee shop and have tried to replicate with several different recipes with no luck. UNTIL NOW. These are not exactly like the ones I had, they are BETTER. Perfect, buttery and light crust. I cannot give this enough stars. My testers all gave 5 and one said to give it 85 stars. Will make these forever. Thanks so much for a BIG keeper! ~messy44
I originally saw this on a Food Network show, and then I found it here. This recipe is easy, and it tastes wonderful. Chilled, they are chewy and crunchy, and room temp., they are soft and dreamy. Either way, all I got were raves, and I will definitely be using this one again--it went into the coveted Christmas recipe folder! And PS--to those trying it for the first time: Don't worry about the ungreased pan. They dropped right out and I cut them with my bench scraper into perfect squares!