Recipe by Sharon123
This is a super-special coffee that owes its lingering flavor to an unexpected source, says creator Fred Thompson. "Cardamom is a spice that creeps into taste memory without being immediately recognized," says Thompson, author of the cookbook, Hot Chocolate. I use almond milk for it's flavor and because I try not to use dairy.
Top Review by Annacia
I made this a couple of weeks ago and completely forgot to review it, D'oh. Thanks very much to awalde for reminding me. I used sugar free chocolate syrup and Splenda so that I could enjoy this wonderful cup of pure pleasure. Simply loved the chocolate and cardamom flavors in my Corta's Mediterranean coffee.
- 3⁄4 cup ground dark roast coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups almond milk (or soy milk, coconut milk, whole milk, or half and half)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the coffee and cardamom in a coffee filter and brew the coffee in your coffeemaker with the water.
- Heat the almond milk(or whatever milk you're using), sugar and chocolate syrup in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Pour the brewed coffee into the pan, stir, and then pour into four cups. Serve and enjoy!