Almond Mocha Coffee
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 teaspoons almond flavored syrup or 2 teaspoons hazelnut flavored syrup
- 4 tablespoons almond flavored syrup or 4 tablespoons hazelnut flavored syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 cup hot fresh strong brewed coffee
- sliced almonds or chopped nuts, for garnish
- maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Whip heavy cream and 2 t of almond syrup in a small bowl with an electric mixer on low speed. After cream begins to thicken beat on high speed til its as thick as you like it. Refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
- Pour milk in a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat on high heat for 1 to 1/2 minutes or until hot but not boiling. Whisk until foamy. Set aside.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of almond syrup and 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup into the bottom of each of 2 coffee cups. Microwave just long enough to warm syrups (about 20 seconds on high). Stir 1/4 cup hot coffee into each cup. Add steamed milk up to the top and the then garnish with almond whipped cream, nuts and cherries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a stay at home mom with 5 wonderful children. When I have time I love to scrapbook and journal. I also crochet and do cross-stitch and enjoy reading my Bible. Sometimes I am all into trying new things then other times I only want old standbys. I like to get veggies into my picky kids by sneaking them in where they were not expecting them. I've learned that its improtant to try new things 2 or 3 times before you can really consider it rejected. Sometimes the second time you offer it to them they will scarf it down, when the first time they barely got down the mandatory taste bite. Go figure.</p> 8725182"