Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We actually had this during our last trip to Turkey. This recipe is incredibly simple and easy to prepare - exactly as it is intended to be. Olives may be used as a garnish, if desired.
- Cut the cabbage in half and discard the outer tough leaves and the inner core.
- Cut each half into quarters and wash under cold water.
- Place each quarter on its side and slice very thin slices with a sharp knife.
- Place cabbage and carrots in a bowl and dress it with salt, pepper, oil and vinegar or lemon to taste.
- Toss well with enough dressing to suit your taste and serve.
simple and like the salad the serve you with Doener or Koefte in Germany.
Very Good! I've been on a cabbage kick. It has so many health benefits, but can get a little hard to eat in large amounts. I really like this recipe because it isn't heavily dressed with an unhealhy dressing. I'm looking forward to making it again and adding other veggies. Thanks for posting!
Easy - I used red cabbage - lovely contrast to the orange carrots. Added just a bit of parsley for more color. Am going to make it for a harvest pot luck coming up. Everyone brings a dish with something out of their garden. We had a bumper crop of red cabbage and also carrots, so I will be making this often. THANKS