Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes from the Marinated Norbest Turkey Fillet packaging. It's great... you could use any meat... but norbest has a great marinade on their turkey (you can find it at Costco in Utah... I don't know about other places). I also like to use Costco's stir fry veggie mix which has a great variety and is reasonably priced. My kids love it too... except the time I accidentally doubled the crushed red pepper. I like to use a less turkey and more vegetables as we are light meat eaters... sometimes half the meat and double the veggies.
- 1 lb turkey fillet, cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 16 ounces stir fry vegetables
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 2⁄3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook meat until no longer pink.
- Add red pepper, garlic, green onion, and stir-fry vegetables. Cook until vegetables are hot.
- Mix remaining ingredients then pour sauce mixture over meat and veggies. Stir and cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
- Enjoy! Great leftovers too!