Recipe by Mama2boys
A wonderfully French inspired dishes - Hot Turkey Sandwich with Bacon and Cheese Sauce.
- 8 slice bread, toasted and buttered
- leftover turkey, enough to cover the bread
- 6 slice bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 73.94 ml butter
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 59.16 ml flour
- 709.77 ml milk
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce
- 2.46 ml paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2 slices each of the toasted bread on 4 plates.
- Top bread with the turkey meat and sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the turkey.
- For the sauce:.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and sauté the green onions for about 5 minutes.
- Over low heat, add the flour, stir, and cook for about 3 minutes
- Slowly add the milk, continuing to stir and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- As the sauce thickens add 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, all of the Parmesan, and salt, pepper, and Tabasco to taste.
- Simmer and continue to stir until the cheeses are melted. Pour the sauce over the turkey and bacon.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the tops, then sprinkle on the paprika. Broil until the cheese melts and serve.