A wonderfully French inspired dishes - Hot Turkey Sandwich with Bacon and Cheese Sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bread, toasted and buttered
- leftover turkey, enough to cover the bread
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1Place 2 slices each of the toasted bread on 4 plates.
- 2Top bread with the turkey meat and sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the turkey.
- 3For the sauce:.
- 4Melt the butter in a skillet and sauté the green onions for about 5 minutes.
- 5Over low heat, add the flour, stir, and cook for about 3 minutes
- 6Slowly add the milk, continuing to stir and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- 7As the sauce thickens add 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, all of the Parmesan, and salt, pepper, and Tabasco to taste.
- 8Simmer and continue to stir until the cheeses are melted. Pour the sauce over the turkey and bacon.
- 9Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the tops, then sprinkle on the paprika. Broil until the cheese melts and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Poulette
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.2
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 1090.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 24.6 g