Recipe by nemokitty
Found this in 500 Practically Fat-Free One Pot Recipes from the library. UPDATE: 10-30-13 I made this today and used only 1 can of diced tomatoes and it turned out fine and used about 3/4 of an onion. It will be tastier tomorrow but it was really good today.
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup mild green chili, diced, canned and drained
- 6 cups canned tomatoes, low sodium, crushed, juice reserved
- 4 cups canned pinto beans, low sodium, rinsed and drained
- 4 scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth in a large saucepan. Add turkey, onion and garlic and saute till turkey is no longer pink.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the scallions. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring every so often, for 25 minutes.
- Serve topped with scallions.