Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Luscious leftovers - an easy and tasty recipe using leftover holiday turkey meat. From the Ladies Home Journal magazine.
- 3⁄4 lb linguine, dry
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup bottled capers, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup reserved pasta water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 cups turkey meat, bite-size
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly finely grated
- salt & pepper
- Bring a 6-quart pot of salted water to a boil and cook linguine until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over moderately high heat; add capers and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 C pasta water and the lemon juice to skillet; bring to a simmer.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet with turkey; simmer, tossing together with tongs until turkey is heated through and pasta is coated with sauce, about 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in parsley and oil; salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve pasta sprinkled with cheese.
We're not casserole people and usually don't care for many cream based dishes. So we tried this one for some of our turkey leftovers. The whole family liked it! We used no cheese, I'm sure it adds a lot too..and many folks would miss it greatly. However, we'll still be eating and enjoying this fast and easy dish without it for many years to come. I used "bowtie" pasta because it was all I had on the shelf with fine results. Thank you Shelbyrose for a wonderful alternative to the usual turkey leftover dish.