Recipe by MarissaB
Got this recipe from my nutritionist. I put the turkey picadillo on top of mixed greens for a tasty salad, or in a vegetable soup for a healthy and protein-rich soup, or use it as the base for tacos and taco salad. It's versatile, and it freezes very well!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey (you may also substitute a meat-substitute, I prefer Quorn grounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and crumble in the ground turkey; cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender and turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in garlic salt, cinnamon, cumin, allspice, pepper, and tomato sauce. Simmer, covered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn to turkey mixture and heat through, about 2 minutes.