Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe years ago and it's still one of DH's favorite dishes and it's very easy to make.
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 16 slices turkey breast (thinly sliced)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce (I like Bertolli's Basil Pesto in this)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unroll pizza dough onto clean work surface.
- Pat out to 15x11-inch rectangle; cut in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise to form 4 rectangles.
- Cover each dough rectangle with 1 tablespoon pesto sauce, 4 slices turkey, and 1 slice of cheese; fold rectangle in half to enclose filling.
- Seal edges with fork.
- Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden brown (15 minuntes).
This is tasty and so easy to make - a great idea when you don't have a lot of time to get dinner on the table. I heated up some red sauce for dipping, and we were happy!
Made this after Liza's suggestion in her blog and I was so happy with the results. I used some pizza dough from Trader Joe's and poked a few holes in the top to let some steam escape. The leftovers are greated heated in the microwave too!
Very easy recipe and easy to modify! I used turkey, ham, mozzarella and provolone and added red onions and sun dried tomatoes to the pesto. Very quick to put together and DH was very impressed!