Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Very good soup! This is a good way to make something a little different.
- 8 cups water
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) turkey thighs (3lbs. total) or 2 turkey drumsticks, raw (3lbs. total)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- In an 8 quart soup pot, combine all ingredients except the noodles and corn.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low heat; cover and simmer for about an hour or until turkey is cooked through and fork tender.
- Carefully remove turkey from pot; remove and discard the bones and skin, then cut the meat into chunks.
- Increase the heat under soup to high and bring to a boil; add noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Return turkey to the pot and add corn.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender and corn is heated thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
Prepared according to directions and soup was easy to make and tasted great. You can't get soup like this out of a can. Making soup again this time with chicken thighs instead of turkey.
This soup got a unanimous 5-star rating tonight at dinner. My 3yr old DS kept taking a slurpy spoonful, flexing his muscles, and saying "see how strong this soup makes me?" I used a smoked turkey drumstick and three chicken drumsticks, and the subtle smoky flavor was also very good. This soup was served with a tomato-basil chopped salad, and chunks of whole wheat bread, for a fantastic meal. Thanks, mydesigirl! Made for PAC Fall 2008