1/1 Photo of Turkey Noodle Soup
2 hrs 15 mins
Very good soup! This is a good way to make something a little different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups water
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) turkey thighs (3lbs. total) or 2 turkey drumsticks, raw (3lbs. total)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1In an 8 quart soup pot, combine all ingredients except the noodles and corn.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low heat; cover and simmer for about an hour or until turkey is cooked through and fork tender.
- 3Carefully remove turkey from pot; remove and discard the bones and skin, then cut the meat into chunks.
- 4Increase the heat under soup to high and bring to a boil; add noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Return turkey to the pot and add corn.
- 6Cook for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender and corn is heated thoroughly.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.1
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 1227.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: