1/1 Photo of Turkey Mornay
An easy and elegant way to use up leftover turkey! Adapted from Busycooks. New England, Canada, Mid Atlantic Mid West
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the butter in a heavy saucepan. Add onion and cook, stirring until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2Sprinkle in flour, stirring until mixture bubbles. Cook for about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth and cream, stirring well with a wire whisk. Bring to boiling, cook 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and stir a small amount of the sauce into the egg yolks to heat and temper.
- 4Stir tempered egg yolk mixture into the rest of the sauce and return saucepan to heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in cheeses. Stir until smooth and nicely melted.
- 6Place sliced turkey or chicken on each split and toasted English muffin.
- 7Pour sauce over each one.
- 8Sprinkle with more cheese, if desired, and broil 2-3 minutes until lightly browned and bubbly. Watch carefully while broiling so it doesn't burn! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Mornay
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.2
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 235.5 mg
- Sodium 792.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 36.8 g