Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 lb skinless turkey breast, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked and kept warm
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (italian style)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 -6 drops bottled hot pepper sauce (I use cayenne pepper to taste)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Using 12 inch nonstick skillet coated with vegetable cooking spray, cook turkey slices 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet, keep warm.
- Add olive oil, mushrooms, onion, pepper and thyme to skillet; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in fettuccini.
- remive from heat.
- Sauce: Place remaining ingredients in food processor; blend until tomatoes are coarsely chopped.
- Put in small saucepan; cook and stir over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes until thickened.
- Top fettuccini with turkey and sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, if desired.
This recipe was OK... a little bland and not worth the calories if you are on weight watchers