Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
All the leftovers, yum!
Make and share this Turkey Dinner Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml turkey gravy (thick is best)
- 354.88 ml mixed vegetables, cooked
- 473.18 ml prepared stuffing, cooked, we like sausage water chestnut best
- 473.18 ml cooked turkey, bite size pieces
- 473.18-709.77 ml mashed potatoes, cooked (stiff mash is best)
- 354.88 ml sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4.92 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Layer the first 4 ingredients in a large casserole; lightly mix.
- Spread mashed potatoes evenly over the top; sprinkle the cheese evenly over and sprinkle the pepper over the cheese.
- Bake on middle oven rack for approximately 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Alternately place in 4 to 6 small single serving casseroles; either way these casseroles freeze well.
I'm a vegetarian, so I didn't get to taste it.. but my husband's response was: "WOW!" He loved it!
I assume this recipe would be best for leftovers, but since we're going to be out of town this year for Thanksgiving and won't be able to do a traditional meal, I figured I'd make this! And he loved it! Granted, it's still September.. but it will definitely hold him over until Thanksgiving 2011!
I followed the recipe, but used honey glazed turkey that was pre-cooked rather than leftovers from a big bird.
I gave this recipe 5 stars. Yummy my family loved this casserole. This is got to be one of the easiest recipes I've ever made. I got my copy of this recipe from Cornell Cooperative Extension. I actually got to ntry a sample of this recipe first and had to come home right away and make it. My copy of this recipe says use 1 pound frozen turkey, browned (may use 2 cups cooked turkey cut into small bite size pieces). The rest of the recipe is the same. Overall I will make this again! Thanks for posting a super yummy recipe! Christine (internetnut)
I am the only one who eats this in my family and I am glad because I don't want to share it. I have been known eat this for breakfast!