Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice way to use leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, cut into narrow strips
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut up cooked turkey
- hot cooked rice or spaghetti
- In 8-inch skillet, cook and stir onion, green pepper and celery in oil until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder and salt; simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Stir in turkey; cover and simmer until turkey is hot, about 5 minutes.
- Serve on rice.