Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A mixture of greens and ground turkey breast along with spices that promote its flavor for chili lovers of all types.
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 celery ribs, chopped finely
- 2 white button mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced finely
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Brown ground turkey in frying pan with canola oil until nicely browned.
- Add sliced green onions, celery,mushrooms and spices.
- Cook until vegetables are tender and the spices have melded with the mixture.
- Add the tins of Stewed tomatoes and Kidney Beans, Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 5 to 10 minutes and then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes and adjust seasoning to your own taste.
This had a great flavor and was easy to make, but we found it to be a bit "dry". The only liquid is the can of tomatoes. Maybe an 8oz can of tomato sauce would have helped. If you were serving this as a topping for a chili burger, or pasta it would be fine, but as a bowl of chili, it needed more sauce. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.