Recipe by mydesigirl
This is an awesome comfort food casserole! It's also a great way to get the kids to eat their vegetables.
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- 10 ounces broccoli spears, frozen
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard, prepared
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups turkey breast, cooked and cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles and the broccoli according to their package's directions.
- Drain each one.
- Cut the broccoli into flowerets and chop the stalks;set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat,add flour,stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute,stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk,cooking over medium heat,stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add salt,pepper and mustard;stir well.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Place 1/2 of the noodles in a greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Top with broccoli,reserving some of the flowerets, and turkey;place remaining noodles on top.
- Pour cheese sauce over all evenly.
- Arrange the flowerets on top,gently pushing them into sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.