Recipe by VNess
Hatch chilies are a variety of green Chile. They can be purchased online or you may substitute fresh poblano chilies.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag Game. This is a real keeper. I used jalapenos in this because that's what I had on hand. I served this with pasta as the family has had their share of rice lately. Everyone enjoyed it. Very easy and quick. Thanks for posting this VNess!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- olive oil (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup diced hatch chile (see note)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 16 1⁄4 ounces corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (rinse can with a little water and add to skillet)
- hot cooked rice
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick pan, stir-fry ground turkey in a little olive oil, if desired, over medium heat with the garlic and Chile.
- Add salt, pepper, basil and oregano to taste.
- When the turkey is fully cooked, add zucchini, corn and tomato sauce; stir and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle cheese over top.