Recipe by kzbhansen
There are a bazillion turkey soup recipes on here but not this one. I like a really chunky soup so you may wish to alter the amount of barley you use. We use alot. Great for OAMC
Top Review by Rita~
I just love barley! I had made turkey stock over the wekend so this soup was perfect timing for it. I did use garlic cloves not powder. The directions doesn`t mention the boullion so I skipped it and didn`t miss it! I did add turkey meat. Nice and hearty!
- 1 turkey carcass
- 4 stalk celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml dried rosemary
- 354.88 ml pearl barley
- salt and pepper
- chicken bouillon granule, optional for additional flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Place turkey carcass in a large soup pan and completely cover with water.
- Simmer 6 hours or more until the meat completely falls off of the bones, replenishing water as it evaporates.
- Add celery and cook 2 hours more.
- allow soup to cool.
- Strain soup and remove bones and grissle.
- Add xtra turkey if desired into pot. Add enough water to fill pot up to where it was when the bones were still in it.
- Reheat soup and add carrot and spices and simmer for an hour. Add bouillon to taste if you feel the broth needs it.
- Add barley and cook for about an hour or so.
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese if desired.
- You can freeze leftovers and reheat.
- Great for OAMC.