Recipe by mandabears
I used to make this a lot and lost the recipe, finally found it again on another web site. Good cake and pretty presentation.
Top Review by Buster's friend
EASY PEEZY DELISH! Used Raspberry pie filling (Lucky Leaf - no corn syrup!) and reduced water to 1/4 cup - used Amaretto to make up the difference. Wow! Don't be tempted to use more filling (as I did) as it will rather dramatically ooze (Halloween if you use an additional 1/2 cup filling FYI) but the cake still cooked perfectly (having never made a tunnel cake before I was worried cake around the tunnel would be oozy) right up to the tunnel. Yummy delicious and FAST! Start to finish - 65 minutes - Cake with a drizzle of extra raspberry filling and whipped cream in time for the Derby! Keeper recipe - TY Mandabears!
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, i use low fat
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, i use canola
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- I use Bakers Joy.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except nuts and cherry filling at low speed until all ingredients are moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Spoon 2/3 batter into pan.
- Spoon 1 cup of cherry pie filling evenly in narrow ring over batter.
- Don't let cherries touch side of pan.
- Cover with remaining cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees 36-40 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Cool upright in pan for 1/2 hour.
- Invert onto cake plate.
- Sprinkle with confectioner sugar and serve with remaining cherry pie filling.