Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I used to make this a lot and lost the recipe, finally found it again on another web site. Good cake and pretty presentation.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- I use Bakers Joy.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except nuts and cherry filling at low speed until all ingredients are moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Spoon 2/3 batter into pan.
- Spoon 1 cup of cherry pie filling evenly in narrow ring over batter.
- Don't let cherries touch side of pan.
- Cover with remaining cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees 36-40 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Cool upright in pan for 1/2 hour.
- Invert onto cake plate.
- Sprinkle with confectioner sugar and serve with remaining cherry pie filling.
EASY PEEZY DELISH! Used Raspberry pie filling (Lucky Leaf - no corn syrup!) and reduced water to 1/4 cup - used Amaretto to make up the difference. Wow! Don't be tempted to use more filling (as I did) as it will rather dramatically ooze (Halloween if you use an additional 1/2 cup filling FYI) but the cake still cooked perfectly (having never made a tunnel cake before I was worried cake around the tunnel would be oozy) right up to the tunnel. Yummy delicious and FAST! Start to finish - 65 minutes - Cake with a drizzle of extra raspberry filling and whipped cream in time for the Derby! Keeper recipe - TY Mandabears!
This is an excellent cake, I used my Nordic heart shape tin and it looked so pretty. The cake was light and moist and the cherries were the perfect 'filling'. Thank you for sharing a truly delicious cake recipe.