Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Copied from Gato Volando's recipe but made less fatning
- 4 (6 ounce) ahi tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick each
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, stemmed, sliced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat two tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick skillet over high heat.
- Pepper one side of the tuna steaks, place pepper side down and sear for two minutes.
- Turn tuna over and continue cooking, about two minutes for rare, four for medium.
- Transfer tuna to plate and keep warm.
- Add remaining olive oil, onions, cilantro, ginger and garlic to same skillet and saute about 30 seconds.
- Mix in mushrooms and soy sauce and simmer 30 seconds for shiitake, 1 minute for morels.
- Add half and half and simmer until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon sauce onto plates and place tuna steak on top.
- Rice goes well.