Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a healthy, very tasty salad. Make it a few hours ahead of time and the flavors will mingle nicely. Cooking time is actually chilling time. Add salt and pepper to taste. It keeps for several days in the fridge.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a medium bowl, blend lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil.
- Add the beans, tuna, tomatoes, onion and parsley.
- Cover and chill.
This was quick to whip up. I used marinated sundried tomatoes (Kittencal) and served over romaine lettuce. I used a Greek dressing form Evelyn/Athens on top. It made for a satisfying lunch. Thanks! Roxygirl